Knitting Attempt #2

Victory again! For the most part. This was another great learning exercise for me. I learned to knit in the round on circular needles and on straight double pointed needles (dpns) and I learned a few new stitches like skk and k2tog. Originally this was supposed to be for my boyfriend, but I used a smaller yarn and smaller needles.. soo it was too small for him. I had a feeling that would happen and labeled it my "test" hat when I started working on it. I was right.. so this weekend I will start a new "boyfriend" hat in hope it will actually fit him this time. I am using the pattern by Jared Flood found on Ravelry called Turn a Square. However, I took out the striping so there is no square. I also increased the height of the ribbing, and incresed the width of the ribs. Added some buttons too for the cute factor. So it is definitely a modifed pattern. This was risky since I am a knitting newbie, but I felt confident that I understood what I was doing enough to make the changes successfuly. Worked out lovely all around I think. I told the boyfriend that I worked all of the kinks out, so his hat will be better. :)
I am enrolled in my own knitting school. I have a cute cami lined up that I want to try in the near future.. along with a slew of different hats, scarves, cardigans, etc.

As always, more pics on Flickr.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: