Printmaking Batch 3

So I'm on my third project now and it is my favorite of them all. This time I decided to try out one of the Utrecht Easy Cut blocks, similar to the Speedy Carve rubber blocks. Consensus = I LOVE IT. It was super easy and fast to carve, it laid the ink so evenly on the paper, and was definitely easier to clean than the lino-blocks too. Not that the lino-blocks are hard to clean because the ink in water soluble, but I don't like that the wood absorbs the water (obviously). The idea behind this project was to create a gold leaf skeleton. I think they are so pretty and I have been seeing them all over the place, especially as jewelry - earrings and necklaces. I think these cards are subtle and very charming. More pictures posted on Flickr.




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: