A Snowy Christmas Tree

This is the latest and greatest :) I am totally in love with this project. I was looking for a pattern for weeks and this is the only one I could find that was even close to what I wanted.
My grandma used to be a master crocheter and back in her day she made tons and tons of trees like this.. but they were bigger. This one is about 12" tall and her's were more like 24". She also would put lights in them and they really just looked fantastic. I am going to try to find a mini string of lights to put on this tree. I am thinking red would look pretty.
So my next project, if you haven't guessed it already is to modify this pattern to make it taller. Shouldn't be too difficult. Of course, that is what I say now. This is the first crochet project that I've ever worked on that gave me a blister. Maybe it will be a little more work than I think. We'll see.

Can you see my pup's head sticking out from behind the tree? LOL
More pics on Flickr.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: