Printmaking

















I am really starting to get into printmaking these days. I have always been interested in it, but never really knew that it was all about. So I've been doing some research and a few batches of test prints. After my first batch of prints I decided that I needed to invest in a small hand press to spare my hands and wrists from pressing them all myself. I am glad that I did too because after about 50 prints the hands really start to pay for it. The press was much easier and laid the ink more evenly. I found this nice little press at Utrecht, they also had it available for a higher cost at dickblick.com. The only problem that I have with it is that it only presses the back 1/2-2/3 of the platform. You can kind of tell in this picture that it doesnt press all the up to the front. I am not sure why they would design it this way, but it seems like wasted space to me. Maybe I just have not figured it all out yet, which is completely possible. :) Overall I think it was a great find. 

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 comments:

Jayme said...

This cost about $50. I would really recommend getting one. I got mine at Utrecht.. the Jack Richeson brand is less expensive :)
Here is the link:
Jack Richeson Hand Printing Press

Unknown said...

Are you still responding to this post?

I have a similar print press made by a different company, but cannot figure out how to use it, and it came without a manual.

I have researched and researched, but cannot find information on the brand and model I purchased.

Thank you.